After four months of planning it is finally time to launch this competition *yay*. So without further ado please welcome the judges:
- Rosemaree (a huge James Marsters fan *grin*)
- Carol Shearman (Head Alchemist at Outback Pampering and part of the Perth Zombie Walk Team)
- George Ivanoff (Author)
- Ana (YouBeautie News)
- John Jennings (Red Chair Productions & The Melbourne Costume Group)
- Kevin James Pellew (Illuminated Factors)
- Justin J. Wood (geek'd)
- Paul Quinton (cosplayer extrordinare)
- Lj Schulz (Wolf Lord Works Productions)
The Prizes (to date):
|Prize - WAHM Bag (created by Monique of Tactile Threads and donated by WAHM Bags). This will be filled with goodies.|
- A limited edition Wahm Bag with goodies - this will be similar to those that I hand out to celebrities (from wahmbags.com)
- Handmade choccies (made by Butterfly Magick and included in all wahmbags)
- Outback Pampering Soothing Footbalm (Included in most wahmbags and essential for all cosplayers)
- 20% Anime at Abbotsford Voucher
- A mixed set of Latex Prosthetics - including Zombie bites and cuts (from Wolf Lord Works)
- Sarah Jane Adventures: Series 5 (Thanks to George Ivanoff)
- 2 prizes from a lovely cosplayer Sunny Salina
(More prizes will be added to the list once they are confirmed)
There are 10 categories. (NB: I could have included more categories but I will be having another cosplay photo comp later in the year and if I can get enough judges, prizes and publicity we will add further categories then).
|Lady Gambit posing with WAHM Bags - Melb Oz Comic Con 2012|
- Female child (under 18 years)
- Male child (under 18 years)
- Adult Female (18 years and over)
- Adult Male (18 years and over)
- Group Cosplay (more than one person in the pic)
- Original Costume
- Predominately Made Costumes (85% made and can include commissioned pieces)
- Photography - creative editing
- Cosplayers posing with WAHM Bags (from wahmbags.com). A link to an album on the wahm bags' page will be provided and if you are pictured there, and would like to enter, then please contact me.
What you need to do to enter:
- Please email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with TEBM Cosplay Photo Comp as the subject. Each entrant may enter no more than 2 categories (preferably not the same pic).
- You will need to include your name, contact details, who/what you are cosplaying as and the category that you are entering. (Original characters are encouraged). You may also include a link to your site or fanpage if you have one.
- Each entrant will have 2 weeks to submit their pics (by 4pm (AEST) April 15th, 2013). After 2 weeks the judges will take one week to make their decisions. Winners will be announced on or just after April 22nd, 2013.
The Fine Print, a.k.a Rules and Regs (or everything else you wanted to know but was afraid to ask about the comp *LOL*):
- If the photo is not your own property, please make sure you have permission to use it and give credit to the photographer.
- Please do not submit a photo of someone else (especially a minor) unless you have their written consent (and can provide it). If you would like to nominate someone that you feel should be entered into the comp, please make sure to include a way for me to contact them.
- Entry is restricted to those living in Australia due to postage; unless overseas entrants are prepared to pay postage for their prize (or forfeit their prize), and this must be stated when entering. (If I am able to I will have a *virtual* badge created for the winners.)
- Entrants' names will be removed when photos are forwarded to the judges.
- This is not a popularity contest. Likes, comments, emails, tweets etc will not make any difference to the judges and neither will bribes. The judges' decision is final. Any harrassment of judges, myself and other entrants will see your entry removed and you will be banned from entering any future competition held by myself. This is a one strike and you are out rule. If you bully on behalf of an entrant they will be notified; if it continues their entry will be removed from this competition.
- Judges may enter one category BUT not the category/ies that they are judging.
- This is not a popularity contest. Likes, comments, emails, tweets etc will not make any difference to the judges and neither will bribes. The judges' decision is final. Any harrassment of judges, myself and other entrants will see your entry removed and you will be banned from entering any future competition held by myself. This is a one strike and you are out rule. If you bully on behalf of an entrant they will be notified; if it continues their entry will be removed from this compettion.
- This contest will be promoted on the blog, facebook, twitter, pinterest and other social media. The more this comp is shared the better it will be when I run future contests as I will have something to show future judges and sponsors. So please share the blog and the facebook page.
- The winners will be announced here on the blog, on twitter and via email. (The winners will NOT be announced on FACEBOOK).
- I am a cosplayer myself, as are my children and I know and support many cosplayers. This competition will be as unbiased as possible. I will NOT be entering the comp (my children will be permitted to if they want to). I will not be judging, but I will be available for consultation. I am providing a couple of the prizes too.
- There are a number of prizes, provided by a number of people. As of yet the final prize list is not confirmed. If there are more prizes than categories the judges and I may decide to award prizes for encouragement.
- Photos do not need to be taken by a professional but will need to be clear.
- There will be no discrimination against those that have not made their costumes. But I have included a category for costumes that have been predominately made (including commissioned pieces).
- Pictures will be displayed online, during and after the competition (mostly on facebook, here on the blog and pinterest). By entering the competition you are giving assent to the photos being used by me for promotional purposes.
- For the photography category originality and creativity will be the focus; you do not need to be a professional but please submit only your own work.
- It is not necessary to be a liker of The Essential Bron Mitchell facebook page, or the blog, but once again more likers will give me something to show future judges and sponsors.
- Thank you. If these need to be modified I will announce it.