Thursday, 17 June 2010

Thankful Thursday

I know that it has become cliched to look at what we have and express gratitude for it but I do believe that we often overlook what we have. I know that I can get caught up in my "troubles" and lose focus of what I have and so I like to make an effort and thank the universe for what I have. I introduced grace in  our family at dinner time not because I am particularly religious, because I'm not, but because I especially wanted my children to appreciate the food that was put in front of them.

I try to remember to thank people everyday when they have helped me and I have passed this on to my children. And I try to thank my family everyday.

Somedays when i am feeling extremely harassed and cranky I take the time to think of 5 things I am grateful for. I find that often restores my outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment