Friday, 11 June 2010

Friday 5's

Good morning :)

Today is Friday 5's and the topic for today is wahm businesses :) I have been lucky to meet a lot of lovely wahms over the past several years (mostly online). There are a lot of mums and dads (and grandparents too) working from home.

I like to buy from WAHMs as I like to show my support to people that are running their own business. I do not restrict myself to Australian businesses although I know it is popular to support your own country.

Over the past several months I have been trying to buy from businesses that are ethical and ecologiocally friendly; many WAHM businesses are both. Many of the wahms make their own products are as they are not massed produced they are not contributing to global excess. Some people may find that pretentious but I had a slight breakdown last year and when I came out of it I decided that even though I was already being environmentally and socially conscientious i needed to try harder. And this has affected who i buy from and how i buy.

So here are links to 5 of my fav wahm blogs :) please feel free to share your fav 5 wahm sites or blogs. If you cannot limit it to 5 then limit it to 5 per comment :D

I was going to wrote a personal comment about each blog but I am short on time.... so I may come back later and add a personal comment. For now it is a description of each blog :)

Overall Being-  unique & gorgeous gifts ranging from personalised products, aromatherapy, jewellery, photos & Massage.....Making a lasting impression for the mind, body and soul.

MWWAH  -  A one stop mwwah siteA site that lists fabulous at home businesses in the one spot. A site for  mwwah business owners to unite together & show
off the variety of home businesses & a place for members to come to find all their wonderful treasures. 
 Inspiring Mums - The Inspiring Mums Blog is written to help inspire and motivate mums to support your growth in life, health, family, career and business for self care and awareness. An honest approach to life's challenges with a personal touch.

Pretty Things Distract Me - Quality accessories and clothing for babies and children at affordable prices; non slip hair clips, head bands - woven, stretch laces, stretch and plastic headbands, hair clip holders, hair tie streamers and much much more will be coming soon!

Bodelicious Ramblings - Bodelicious is proud to offer an affordable, environmentally friendly, natural range of multi-purpose baby products for busy mums today who are always on the go.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Bron. You do utterly amazing work and anyone who has been associated with you should be feeling quite blessed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thanks you hon :) That just made my day :) and ditto :) xxx

    ReplyDelete